Friday, April 12, 2013

Zombie tired


So bloody tired
Here is a Text conversation with J around midday today:

Me: I feel like a zombie. 
J: “Fast or Slow”.
Me: “Well I started out all 28 days later but now I’m totally walking dead”

Just to be clear, I’m currently taking the truck and trailer down to Miami.  This is of course, the weekend before the big ride from South Padre to Key West.  

I leave next Friday morning.  The ride will take about 8 days.  I know that sounds like a lot of days to go only about 2300 miles but it is tougher than it sounds.  Even this truck trip is kind of tiring.

I’m writing this post from Milton Florida.  I left the house this morning at around 6.  By noon, I had already been driving longer than I slept last night.  It was only about 550 miles to get here but I was totally sapped when I checked into my hotel.  

I have about 650 more miles to go until Miami and I’m leaving around 5:00am tomorrow morning.  That means that I will be in bed by 8 come hell, high water or zombies (I have my son’s t-ball bat….which everyone knows is the best weapon against fast type zombies).  When the hell did this become about zombies….shit what was my point?

Right, Pictures.  The I-10 corridor is pretty freakin’ plain.  You really have to venture off to see anything interesting but I did get some shots of things that caught my eye.  Here they are:

Sunrise over Lost River east of Houston

Baton Rouge.  I was just really glad to see some water.

Funky old camper
Cruise Ship outside of Mobile
Tunnel in Mobile.  I think I was under the Gulf at this point.
Like I said, not great images but the drive was kind of cool.  I've never been this far east on I-10.

When I got here, I drove through Milton to get some things from CVS.  It is really kind of a neat little town.  It’s on the kind of river where you expect a Manatee to surface and say “’sup”

I wanted to stop and get pictures but I just couldn’t muster the energy.  I am a little concerned by this.  I have some pretty long days on the bike (not this long thankfully).  Setting up camp takes energy.  Am I going to be too tired to do anything once I get settled.  I hope not. I am staying at some really cool state parks.  I gots plans.

I am going to get lots of sleep next week and I’ll probably work out.  That usually helps energy levels a lot.

For now, its dinner (the MRE I brought sounded more appetizing than Waffle House) and sleep. 

I’ll catch up with y’all again tomorrow from Miami.

2 comments:

  1. I like the pictures. It is amazing how far camera phones have progressed. I assume you took them with your Galaxy S3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually its the s2. And this was at 70 something MPH...with my skills. Speaks a lot for the quality of the camera. During the ride, I'm going to stop and snap a lot of pictures. I'll use a combination of my fairly modern Canon camera and my phone. I wonder if we'll be able to tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete