Monday, October 1, 2012

Bug Innards are Just Damn Gross


Upon seeing my motorcycle for the first time, a good friend of mine said, “I wouldn’t have gone with the p*ssy windshield”.  I was wounded.  I had to stop and question my man quotient.

Here is the thing.  Rock chips and gravel at 95….I mean 65 MPH, hurt.  Not to mention that a good headwind at 95…I mean 65 MPH will throw your ass around.  When you are young, these things matter less.  When you are 40 with back and shoulder challenges, you want all the help you can get.

…and then there is this to consider


Q: Whats the first thing that goes through bug's
mind when he hits a windshield?
A: His ass!  hahahaha
Seeing that my windshield is pretty small, it didn’t protect me from all of this bug’s...being. It did block a good half-pound of it though.

So, “P*ssy or not” (that might be a good name for a band), I use a windshield.

In fact, I am considering adding a much larger windshield (like I said, some of the guts came around the current 'shield).

Here is what I have in mind:




I would get the one that is all clear (no blue at the bottom).

I’m not crazy about the looks but it would be sooooo much more comfortable.  With the riding I want to do, comfort is definitely key.  Plus, if I get the quick release hardware (Trigger Lock mounts), I can pull the damn thing off whenever I want. 

It would also get rid of the current windshield’s ugly black brackets that mount to my handlebars.  The whole set up would be about 350 bucks and it doesn’t look like I would need to relocate my front blinkers. 

Oh, and for all of those that question the manliness of having a windshield, I would remind you of these macho, magnificent bastards.

No windshield could block this much sexy
So there!  Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment